November 15, 2009

The Cake & The Dances

Our wedding cake was awesome. It was made by a family friend, who has a true talent for baking and designing all types of cakes. We had 3 different flavors and JJ designed the cake loosely based on the look of our invitations. We had fun with the cake cutting and I went for the cake smashing, making sure some of that tasty butter cream got shoved into places it probably wasn't supposed to go, like up the nose (HaHa)!
The song we choose as our first dance song was "Kiss of Life" by Sade. Some couples have a song that has very special meaning to them through out the relationship. I think this is very cool, to find a song that has such special meaning. JJ and I didn't really have one specific song that fell into that category, but we both love Sade's music and really felt that the lyrics in "Kiss of Life" represent how we feel about finding each other at the right time in our lives.
My Dad and I danced to "My Wish" by Rascal Flats. It was great to have that special moment with him to reminisce on a few childhood memories, hear some words of fatherly advice on marriage, and just enjoy dancing with my Dad. I remember laying my head on his shoulder and singing the words to the song, one that he picked out, which meant a lot to me.
JJ and his Mom danced to a song called "The Man You've Become" by Molly Pasutti. This is a beautiful song with lyrics that talk about a mother being proud of her son, remembering the days when he was a young boy and being proud of the man he has grown up to be.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Your cake was SOOOO GOOOOD!!! :)

Carole Warrick said...

Great photos & memories! Great cake!