February 16, 2010

Cucumber Sandwich Appetizers

This is probably thought of as more of a summertime appetizer, but I whipped up a batch of these for a Super Bowl party we attended a few weeks ago. I've had these at several parties and have enjoyed them, even though I am not a huge cucumber fan. Here's a quick recap of the recipe I used to make this appetizer:


1 Seedless Cucumber - cut thin slices of cucumber. (Before you cut the slices, you can take a fork and score the sides of the cucumber, making a nice design on the slices, if you are up for this decorative touch!)

In a large bowl, mix up 1 package of soften cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of mayo and 1 package of dry Italian dressing mix for the yummy spread.

I used store bought cocktail style Rye Bread for the toast part. (Some people go all out and bake their own french bread toasts, which is awesome, but the pre-made store bought bread slices worked just fine.) Spread a nice amount of cream cheese spread on the toast, add the cucumber slice on top, then sprinkle some fresh chopped dill over the top.
That's all there is to it - super quick and easy. These are usually a big hit at parties, so be prepared to give away the recipe the next time you take them to a get together. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Momma said...

These look so yummy! I may have to make them this week...just for me. and the baby of course.