January 11, 2009

Week 1 - C to 5k!

I've finished Week 1 of the Couch to 5K running program and I have to say:  So Far, So Good!  I'm really loving the pod casts I've downloaded that talk you through the running/walking intervals and it's nice to already have the music picked out and set to the jogging pace that follows the program.  

Week 1 consisted of 3 runs; each run has a 5 minute warm up & cool down, with intervals of 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking, keeping the heart rate up, but still exercising at a comfortable level.    

After run #1, I was certainly sweating like a mad woman and my face really turned bright red, in fact I think some people at the gym were giving me funny looks, of course I didn't realize how red I was until I went to the locker room and saw my "red as a tomato face"!  But I pushed on through the week and finished Week 1.  I feel great about the program and start Week 2 tomorrow.  
  

2 comments:

liz said...

awesome! you are totally motivating me to try the program. do you have a 5k in mind that you are going to run? a couple friends and i are talking about doing one but we don't know which.

Denae said...

Wow. I am very impressed and interested to hear more about the podcasts. I have never been a runner but would like to try and it sounds like great encouragement if you can be motivated by someone else while doing it. Go, LW go!