March 10, 2009

Where have I been?

I've been a bad blogger...haven't posted lately...just haven't had much to say really. Life is good, which in these tough economic times and so on, is a nice thing to be able to say!

My training for the 5k is harder than I anticipated. I'm still following the Couch to 5k program, though now, I'm trying to jog outside as much as I can to get more comfortable on the pavement rather than spending time on the treadmill. Technically I'm only on week 5 of the program (which is crazy since I started in January, you can tell I haven't been as hard core about it as I should be!). I have hit the track a few times and completed a 2 mile jog (let's be honest, it was more like a shuffle!). But it was outside, against the wind, and today I plan to shuffle my way through the neighborhood near my gym before I do my strength training.

Spring has almost sprung here in the tri-state and there are loads of projects to be done around the house. Project #1 - Fix the garage ceiling. Over the winter months, I opened the garage door to find part of the ceiling had fallen, Bummer. It was patched when I purchased the home, so it's not too suprising that the patch tape finally gave way. Project #2 - Clean the windows....this task is part of most people's spring cleaning, but I admit that in the almost 4 years I've owned our house, I've never cleaned the windows....Oops! Project #3 - Find a good grass seed to put down in the back yard. Miss Ella has totally destroyed the backyard by running around like a maniac everytime a ball is thrown or she spots another animal roaming through nature's beauty! But no matter how much I dislike seeing all that dirt in what used to be our grassy backyard, it's hard to get mad at a face like this...

So, that's the latest with me...oh yeah, and JJ and I are planning a wedding, but that's just a side note! Hope life is treating your and yours well, remember to give thanks for life's daily blessings and not to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy the day, Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Denae said...

Honey, a side note? You and JJ planning a wedding...
:).. need to hear more!