July 01, 2009

Kauai Honeymoon...

Hello dear blog readers! I am very excited to share with you that we have booked our 2nd stop on our honeymoon to Hawaii. We'll be staying at the Islander on the Beach in Kapaa, Kauai. I'm totally jazzed about the condo I found and think it will be a great fit for our 3 day stay in Kauai. The photo below is a picture from the balcony of our room.
It looks to die for, right!!! We booked it through a website called HomeAway, where individual owners of condos/vacation homes rent out their properties. The website is a great way to price compare places and helpful at finding vacation spots that are not part of a huge hotel chain. I recommend checking it out if you're looking for your next vacation get-a-way. (They have rentals all over the world.)

I'm looking forward to checking out the island of Kauai. I know several friends who've traveled to the wettest spot in the world (Mount Waialeale) and have rave reviews of the island with the beautiful coastline. A few things I'd like to do while on Kauai are take a catamaran boat out to see the Na Pali Coast, take a hike at Waimea Canyon, maybe splurge and take a helicopter tour of this heavenly place (I hear it's the best way to see the island!). Let me know you're thoughts if you've been to Kauai, I'd love to get some recommendations of restaurants, things to do and the names of any tours/activities you enjoyed while on Kauai.

We are still working out some detail for our stay in Maui. We'll be there for about 7 days, so any tips or recommendations you have on this beautiful vacation spot are welcomed too!



7 comments:

Momma said...

2 words: I'm Jealous!!!!

Carole Warrick said...

Wow - this is gorgeous!

Becky said...

I know Todd told you about it, but the Princeville Zipline tour is a must-do if you're in to that sort of thing. SO FUN!!!

WestEnder said...

I've been to Kauai, it's incredible... nothing else like it. I recommend exploring the island from dawn 'til dusk. You won't regret it.

I wouldn't take a helicopter tour. There have been way too many crashes due to lack of helicopter maintenance over the years (I read the FAA report). Take a kayak or boat tour instead.

Carole Warrick said...

I agree with WestEnder - stay close to the ground, please! :-)

Denae said...

So the "HomeAway" site is amazing! I've searched in Mexcio, Brazil and Canada and found fab, affordable properties. Thanks for sharing!

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

This looks terrific! My visits to hawaii haven't taken me to kauai so I look forward to your photos!