March 09, 2010

I'm So Ready....

for Spring! The weather in the 'nati the past couple of days has been glorious - low to mid 60s & sunny! The birds are chirping, the dogs are barking and people are out & about walking in the neighborhood. One of the local meterologist around here says he thinks there will probably be one more big snow for our area before old man winter is officially over. I accept this notion, but will be living it up in this wonderful weather we've been having, which is supposed to stick around for a few more days!

This past weekend was spent visiting with great friends, endulging in yummy cocktails, delicious dinners and even desserts. It was a great way to spend my time away from work and one other thing I did this weekend was enjoy taking Miss Ella on a big walk. JJ and I headed out on Sunday afternoon to cruise the neighborhood and let Ella burn off some energy. She was too cute, prancing down the streets with her ears back and her tail wagging straight up in the air. I have a feeling she's going to be one happy girl this week, exploring that thing in the backyard called grass (and mudd), which she hasn't seen in a long time b/c of some stuff called snow.

I'm looking forward to so many things this Spring - dusting off the ol' Dolce for some bike rides, walking (maybe jogging - gasp!) with my girl Ella in the afternoons, getting my hands dirty in the flower beds around the house. So many good things to look forward to this time of year.

There's got to be some type of drug (more than just Vitamin D) pumped out when the sun shines, because it sure does make lots of people feel super good.

So come on Spring - stay awhile why don't you!

No comments: